I enjoy lists. Don't know why that is, but it is. SO I will now share a list of some of the odd things that go on in this country. Hurray!
1. Koreans love head bands. They sell head bands in every shade, with glitter, and with bows in the super market, on the street, in clothing stores, in stores that specialize in electronics, in short everywhere.
2. You can drink everywhere. You can drink on the bus, in a taxi, on the street, on the way from one bar to another at 5am, but no one in an alcoholic in Korea because Koreans only drink at night? (not true, they also drink at 7am and at any point in the afternoon that strikes their fancy)
3. The subway is, for the most part, clean and quiet.
4. Old people will push you out of their way, and then look at you like, "What the hell is your problem? Can't you see that I'm old and I want to be walking/standing where you are?" They will also throw an elbow or two just to get the point across.
5. There are a lot of signs in English here.
6. There are convenience stores EVERYWHERE. There is one in my building, in the building that touches my building, one in the building behind mine, and another 5 within a two block radius. EVERYWHERE!
7. People yell at you in the grocery store in an attempt to entice you into buying meat. You can also make a meal out of the free samples they serve in all the isles, and that includes an after meal shot of beer or wine.