Sunday, October 4, 2009

Communications Dry Spell

I've got no good reason why I haven't felt like posting, or communicating in general, the last couple of weeks. My life has taken a turn for the hermit like. Maybe it's the fact that my apartment is beginning to look less like a box and more like a place to live. Maybe it's the nice cool weather that's making me enjoy the company of myself. Whatever the reason I'm going to try harder to stay in contact, and check my email. I've really been sucking at checking my email.

So what have I been doing with my time?

Well, I've been amazing myself with my ability to stick to, and more often than not coming in under, a budget.

I've been devouring books. Unfortunately with how expensive books are here, reading as much as I've been might be what ends up ruining my budget. I'm trying to limit myself to one trip to Kyobo a week. We'll see how that works out.

I've been spending a foolish amount of time thinking about my Christmas trip to Thailand. Oh how I long for a day on the beach and elephant tours.

I've been exploring my new found urge to clean by, you guessed it, cleaning! Cleaning almost everyday...sometimes before and after work...sometimes again before bed...I think I have a problem.

I've been cooking. I am downright amazed by how much I can do with chicken. Where has this talent been? Where has this desire to cook been? I find myself longing for an oven because if I had an oven I could do so much MORE with chicken. I've also had to forcibly restrain myself from photographing my dinner every night. I don't understand my desire to photograph my food. It's not like I'm some sort of celebrity chef whose food is going to appear on the cover of a magazine. I really don't get it.

I've been watching Dexter. I've watch the first three seasons in under three weeks.

I think I'm developing a serious problem with moderation. I should work on that, but oh my floor looks like it needs swept and my bathroom mirror definitely needs cleaned and I'd like to do something with that pasta in my cabinet...

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are enjoying yourself! I'm sorry I missed your call the other day. By the time I saw it, it seemed too late to try back. :-( So, when you get back, can I hire you as my cook and maid? :-P Sounds like you're doing a great job with it! A trip to Thailand? Sounds awesome!!! I wanna come!!! Do you have access to a library with English books?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Post more! More pics, more stories.
    love you
    mom

    ReplyDelete