Tuesday, March 1, 2011

An Amazing Drive to Work

I religiously download the This American Life podcast every Tuesday morning. I leave early, for where ever I am going, so I that I can have an hour in the car to listen to the podcast. This mornings podcast was amazing. The podcast this week was about a man who was wrongly convicted and who spent 20 years in prison for a crime he did not commit. The concept of our justice system making a mistake is not a foreign one. It was the grace, the courage, and the wisdom with which an eighteen year old kid grows into an adult and handles being imprisoned for a murder he did not commit which moved me to tears in a YMCA parking lot.

Sometimes we need to be reminded that our lives, which seem so all consuming, are dwarfed by the power of the human spirit and that spirit does not need a large, or public stage to do amazing things.

No comments:

Post a Comment