Tuesday, March 15, 2011

An Ending!

It has been so long since I have actually finished a short story, I had almost forgotten how. If you were to crack open my hard drive you would find the beginnings, and middles, of dozens of short stories. Oh, I can start a story. I can even imagine that glorious peek of emotion and plot that is the climax, but the end? The end is hard.

The end of a short story is like that last half mile in a run. You've done all the hard parts, and really that's what counts isn't it? So you justify walking that last half mile, and you forget about all those stories with no endings.

But not today! Today a short story got an ending and a fairy got her wings. Or something like that. I'm so excited about the whole thing that I just thought I would share.

Hurray for an ending!

No comments:

Post a Comment